Three storefronts, two commercial units and approximately 4,500 s.f. at 21 Main Street, Medford were gutted, combined, and renovated to create the new Carroll’s Restaurant, the latest evolution in a family tradition of restaurants and food service that spans back to the 1930’s. Two blocks away from the original, the new restaurant incorporates a number of features original to the building that had been covered for years. Many of the original tin ceilings have been exposed and restored, and original masonry walls exposed to add a warmth and sense of history synonymous with the family history. New openings in the original masonry unit separation and exterior walls help unify the combined units as well as to invite the natural light and views to the adjacent river and walks.